Sleepy Tai O

My one wish for my birthday this year, was to celebrate somewhere warm and peaceful. Well yesterday, I got that and so much more.

After an early morning trek to Lantau island to visit Big Buddah, we headed to the local fishing village of Tai O.

We spent the afternoon in this sleepy little village, which embodies peace in every sense of the word. Its inhabitants go about their daily tasks in a purposefully leisurely fashion. Even the pets move at a slow and unhurried pace.

I totally fell in love with the houses built on stilts, the friendly people (especially the tiny Asian grannies who kept trying to speak to me in Cantonese) and the fishing boats scattered all over the waterfront.

Definitely a place I'd visit again.

Fishing boats are scattered all around. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering Around

Saucy Portions

Hiking Lamma Island