Rediscovering Durban

The last time I visited Durban was as a kid with my family and my memories of the place are significantly different from the Durban I've been experiencing today.

I remember spending evenings on the beachfront, visiting the night market and enjoying fun fair rides. I remember walking around the city and visiting local markets with my family and mostly I remember really amazing curry. 

This time around it all seems so different, the city is so much busier than I remember it, there are a lot of really run down buildings and the CBD is a bit chaotic. The beaches are still as lovely as always and there are some really lovely areas that we explored, such as Umhlanga and Florida Road. 

Here are a couple of shots of our time in Durban.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wandering Around

Saucy Portions

Hiking Lamma Island